Subject: Re: [boost] [geometry] Documentation prototype for review
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-22 10:50:55

Behalf Of
> Mateusz Loskot
> Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2010 2:53 PM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] [geometry] Documentation prototype for review
>
> > Several libraries use both, see Boost.Units, Accumulator, (and of
> > course the NotAlibrary SVGPlot Soc 2007/vizisualization)
>
> I have checked Acccumulator docs and I have to admit its reference is
> nothing more to me than a headers/code browser.
> It includes very little information.
>
> The Units does it better and I've just learned that pages like this
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/doc/html/boost/units/unit.html
> is generated from Doxygen comments...hmmm

Sadly the work of devising the units library was so great that the authors
lacked the
strength to go through and Doxygen comments all the code - a massive, boring but
useful, task,
but one that might still be an 'exercise for the student' - perhaps a GSoC
project.

> > and I think this is much the best way to go, especially as you have
> > already done the tedious task of adding Doxygen style comments to the
> > code, so that you (and readers) would lose much if you don't provide
> > it.
>
> Yes, now I can see the point and that it's possible to combine both,
> Quickbook and Doxygen. Sounds as the best option indeed.

You can get more of the flavour of what can be achieved by glancing at the SVG
plot docs.

Here all (I hope) of the functions etc are Doxygen commented.

Doxygenating the C++ code was a *lot* of work, but the end result is very user
helpful IMO,
and you can be much more confident that it follows source code changes.

You've already done most of the hard work...

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse