Subject: Re: [boost] [iostreams]mapped_file bug on Win32?
From: Nelson, Erik - 2 (erik.l.nelson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-22 16:21:10

Eg wrote:

>Ah... I see it now, the documentation describes the reason you need to
check both:

>"Note Because INVALID_SET_FILE_POINTER is a valid value for the
low-order DWORD of the new file pointer, you must check both the return
value of the function and the error
>code returned by GetLastError to determine whether or not an error has
occurred. If an error has occurred, the return value of SetFilePointer
is INVALID_SET_FILE_POINTER and
>GetLastError returns a value other than NO_ERROR. For a code example
that demonstrates how to check for failure, see the Remarks section in
this topic."

>We need to rule out the false negative case.
>Wow... what a nasty API !

Nice find... I put in a ticket for it

Erik