Subject: Re: [boost] [log] link problems with keywords::format
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-28 06:15:14

On 02/28/2010 02:38 AM, Michael Caisse wrote:
> Using msvc 8 I am having a link issue with the following
> code snippet. Commenting out the line with blog::keywords::format
> will cause the link error to go away.

First, init_log_to_file will not alter the name of the file trivial
logging uses. You'll just have two file sinks and thus two files logs
are written to at the same time.

Second, I believe the linking problem is due to lack of the log_setup
library in your linker flags. This part of the library implements
initialization routines involved into the init_log_to_file call.