Subject: [boost] [ITL] Short remarks on the lastest 3 Reviews
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-28 14:36:40

Hi Barend, Vicente and Thomas,

thank you for your efforts to synchronize the submission of your reviews as
an attack on my Sunday evening =)

First and foremost I'd like to thank Barend, who obviously did a really
thorough investigation of the ITL, creatively testing own applications and
going into the detail of the probably bewildering possibilities to use the
generalized addition, subtraction and intersection operations on
interval_maps. This was extremely important for me, because I realized how
much those concepts and possibilities transcend the expectations of
potential users. I have spent a lot of time investigating generalized
operations on interval_maps and I am fairly sure that the definitions of
their semantics based on axioms (laws) are pretty sound. I think that the
usefulness and flexibility of the ITL that Barend discovered comes from that
base. I have tried to describe all those semantical issues in the
documentation. But obviously, due to limited time resources of readers, I am
afraid that this has not been well received.

Also I'd like to thank to Vicente and Thomas for their reviews and the
included remarks.

I am going to address all of your questions, problems and objections, but
probably not at once, during the next days.

Best Regards,
Joachim