Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] ITL review starts today, February 18th
From: Daniel Trebbien (dtrebbien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-28 15:03:15

> Since I wrote that above, I'll react on this. I didn't intend such a
> reaction in my review. The ITL library is excellent, the thing (and the
> only thing I found) which was not logical (in my opinion, maybe Joachim
> will explain it all) is that the -= operator is not the set theoretic
> difference but the mathematical subtraction of values. I really don't
> think that this is a major concern.

I agree. After I hit the send button, I wished that I would have said
something like: "I think that this issue of operators needs to be resolved
before ITL is included in Boost, but this minor issue should not solely
prevent its inclusion."

My main thought was that these issues with the exact definitions of
operators should be ironed out as early as possible so that users will not
experience backward-compatibility problems that may be hard to
troubleshoot.