Subject: [boost] Setting up a test suite
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-28 17:09:30

I've got two implementations of the same functionality I want to compare with Boost.Test.

One's in C++ (natch), the other in Python.
Currently, they're packaged as tools that take a file as a parameter, and write results to stdout.

Call them "dumpinfo.cpp" and "dumpinfo.py".

How would I use Boost.Test to compare the output of these tools for a selection of sample tests?

Conceptually, I would do:
        g++ -o dumpInfo dumpInfo.cpp
        ./dumpInfo testFile > /tmp/c.out
        python dumpInfo.py testFile > /tmp/py.out
        diff -q /tmp/c.out /tmp/py.out

But how to do this using Boost.Test?
Notes:
 * I have several (many) test files. It would be nice to list these files in a Jamfile.
 * There are a couple bugs in the Python packages I am using. I need to mark some of them as "expected failures"

Thanks in advance!

-- Marshall