Subject: Re: [boost] the best possible c++ properties (implementation).
From: Germán Diago (germandiago_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-02 13:00:31

> Can I just make mention another implementation in case you are not
> already aware of it; Matthew Wilson's from his STLSoft libraries
>
> http://www.stlsoft.org/doc-1.9/group__group____library____properties.html
>
> Though the main documentation for it is possibly only available in his
> Imperfect C++ book.

Thanks for the link.

I've been able to implement a better version than the first I posted.
Now there are just TWO pointers to member functions
per class, not per object. So every property has a pointer to an
object and the pointers to member functions are shared.

The properties can be virtual as well. You need to initialize
non-trivial properties with this pointer. You can also initialize it
with the this pointer and a value, but you don't need to initialize in
the runtime parameters the getters and setters anymore.