Subject: Re: [boost] [Tokenmap] A (perfect) hash container library chcked-in to sandbox (RFC)
From: Daniel Trebbien (dtrebbien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-02 22:44:46

> Although I disagree with your conclusion that the container as-is doesn't
> guarantee perfect hashing, your posting was very insightful. Please read on
> why I think so.

I don't quite understand. I was hoping to explain that I think your
implementation does guarantee perfect hashing.

Maybe I should not have used the word "problem" (it wasn't a good use
of the word). By "problem" I meant a general problem, like a "math
problem", but not a problem with your code. With full context, the
"problem" was the problem of writing a hash map that implements
perfect hashing.

> Given the conditions 1 and 2 from your posting are met by the container's
> present implementation, I believe there is no problem.

Agreed. I, too, believe that there is no problem with your implementation.