Subject: Re: [boost] Cooperative Multi-Tasking
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-07 07:29:39

Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
> I take it that you are not familiar with Clik++:
>
> http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-cilk
>

> or QuickThreads:
>
> http://www.quickthreadprogramming.com

Upon looking superficially at the material provided by your two links, I can't help but thinking that "Cilk++" plays in a totally different league than "QuickThreads". Whereas "Cilk++" manages to give the impression of a "mature" product (due to the availability of some well readable "marketing material"), "QuickThreads" even fails to tell me whether there are plans to support "Linux" in the foreseeable future.

Well, I know that I just looked superficially, but since you posted the links, can you provide some more background information, especially about "QuickThreads"? ("Cilk++" manages to speak for itself, so more background information is probably not needed here.)

Regards,
Thomas