Subject: Re: [boost] [SoC] Summer of Code Project Ideas
From: Michele Caini (michele.caini_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-08 17:03:11

Il 08/03/2010 22:16, Andrew Sutton ha scritto:
> Hopefully, you don't take from what I just wrote that I think that BGL are
> more important than your thesis. I'm just referring to how you might write
> the proposal to make it more competitive.

Sure, don't worry about! ;-)

What's the timeline for BGL-algorithms proposal?
My idea is to submit two kind of algorithms as solution of the same
problem, two-graphs common-tree problem, where the latter is the
refinement of the former (better performance, about 300%!). Authors are
Grimbleby for the former, and Schach for the latter.
MRT-based (Schach) implementation is ready, generic as BGL algorithms
need to be, and it works fine (I use it in my degree thesis). I've not
found since January/February a little bit of time to develop the other
algorithm, I'm very sorry.
However, I can write down not-generalized pseudo-code for the Grimbleby
algorithm (to drive to C++ code, of course), and submit the one by
Schach, as-is.

What about this way?

Michele