Subject: [boost] [la] [static size matrix/vector linear algebra library] More feedback
From: Agustín K-ballo Bergé (kaballo86_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-08 19:11:24

A few more things I've noticed while using Boost.LA

· boost/la/all.hpp conflicts with boost/assign/list_of.hpp if
Boost.Assign is included first. I think this has to do with missing
includes in a few headers.

· Expressions like rotx_matrix() * roty_matrix() don't work. The
temporaries have to be stored in proper matrix variables first.
Apparently its result type does not model a valid matrix? (just guessing).

· Could we have translation_matrix and scale_matrix, just as we have
rot*_matrix ?

· There is no (vector) normalize function. The implementation is
straightforward.

· During RangeEx review, the use of views and algorithms was widely
discussed. It would be good for Boost.LA to follow the same conventions
decided back then. IIRC, `m | transposed` was a lazy view and
`transpose(m)` returned a new (eagerly) modified value. I should go back
to the archives to confirm this was indeed the conclusion.

· I would like to have X, Y, Z and W placeholders be convertible to the
axis versor. However I don't think this can be actually implemented.
Maybe something like versor<float,3>( X ) or unit_vector<float,3>( X )
would be better.

Agustín K-ballo Bergé.-
http://talesofcpp.blogspot.com