Subject: Re: [boost] [SoC] Summer of Code Project Ideas
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-09 13:25:07

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> Would you please list the tools that produce equally useful result
> tables? I am sure everybody will jump instantly as soon as such tools are
> identified.

I can't resist the opportunity to flog my own library_status program and
library test scripts in the tools/regression/src directory. I derived these
from Beman's original compiler_status source. I use it because it
provides what I need in a fairly simple way. That is

a) it's built with C++ and boost so I didn't need to learn a whole
new thing.
b) it easily works with one library at a time on my local system
c) produces a much more useful table with different columns
for different build scenarios - release, dll, etc.
d) works well with bjam

It doesn't work with all libraries as it has to make certain
assumptions about directory structure which are not
true for some libraries. It also has a fair amount of
hacked code to try to accomodate these situations. But
all in all, I find it exactly what I need - No surprise there
as I made it to solve my problems.

Robert Ramey