Subject: Re: [boost] [SoC] BGL project idea
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-11 16:00:24

> I am a Computer Science student hoping to contribute to Boost for this
> year's summer of code. I had a few questions regarding the BGL project idea
> (https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2010#Boost.Graph) for SOC 2010.
>
> 1. I can think of only a few places where the suggested algorithms will be
> used. Does the community think that these algorithms are used frequently
> enough to put them in a library? How important does the community consider
> this project?

A topology-generating and testing functions can be used for testing, among
other things. The connectives are intended to make the BGL a little more
algebraically complete. Basically, we're just looking to make the BGL a
little more feature complete.

2. Will the project proposal be expected to include the API design?

The project necessitates API design :) You would be working on a library.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]