Subject: Re: [boost] Review - boost::log
From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase2007_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-14 16:21:53

>> The printf style parameters is responsible for thousands and thousands of
security vulnerabilities.

Just plain wrong.

>> I really don't think in 2010 it's sound to encourage that kind of API.

Also wrong. "C" style api's are the standard, even in C++ applications.

Utility libraries should written to that standard. As logging is a utility
library, it should be written to that standard.

I also am a long time C++ developer, and sympothize with your c++ bias.

C++ developers need to write their api's in a way that is also "C" friendly.
Thats even more true for utility libraries.