Subject: [boost] Collection of Jamfiles for 3rd-parties?
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-15 18:34:22

Hi,

I'm wondering if would it make sense to have a directory in Sandbox
or close where Jamfiles for various third-party programs and
libraries could be maintained.

I imagine it could make it easier to integrate various
dependencies with Boost and Boost Sandbox libraries.
For example, GIL makes use of libpng, libjpeg, libtiff,
libz, gzip/bzip2 are used by others too.

I found that HAIKU OS maintains collection of Boost Build
enabled libraries:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/libs

I'm not suggesting to do the same, but perhaps it would make
sense to maintain Jamfiles only, so users can download them
and refer to such libraries using symbolic targets.

I'm curious of your comments?

Best regards,