Subject: [boost] [sandbox] need Apache/.htaccess/rsync help
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-15 22:50:41

A bit off-topic, but I don't know who the maintainer of the
boost-sandbox project on sourceforge.net is. I use this project to post
updated documentation for my boost libraries. (For instance, see
<http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/libs/xpressive>.)

Today, I tried to update Proto's docs using a script I wrote for this
purpose eons ago:

#!/bin/sh

rsync --delete --rsh=ssh --recursive html/*
eric_niebler,boost-sandbox_at_[hidden]:/home/groups/b/bo/boost-sandbox/htdocs/libs/proto/doc/html

For ages, this has Just Worked, but for some reason, it has recently
stopped working. I thought I'd check here before requesting support from
SF.net. The behavior I'm now seeing is that I get 403 error for any page
in Proto's docs. See:

http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/libs/proto/doc/html/index.html

The error says: "3. Error notes: Server unable to read htaccess file,
denying access to be safe"

Wha'? Any help? FYI, here's sf.net's docs on rsync over ssh. From what I
can tell, I'm doing everything right:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Rsync%20over%20SSH#ProjectWebuse

--
Eric Niebler