Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Comments
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-17 17:04:42

On 03/16/2010 10:48 PM, Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>> If it had a dispatching (visitation) interface, similar to what I've
>> implemented in Boost.Log, I would have used Boost.Any.
>
> Oh? See attached.

Well, it resembles my solution rather well (not counting that it tends
to bloat the binary size more than necessary).

Thinking about it more, it doesn't look as such a good idea. If I used
Boost.Any, all attribute values would have to be created as dynamic
objects upon acquisition from their attributes. Currently, this is not
always the case, which makes the values view composition faster.