Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Boost.XML
From: Ilie Halip (lupuroshu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-20 10:20:06

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Andrew Sutton wrote:
>
>> My name is Ilie Halip..
>>
>> And last but not least... I'm actually employed right now, but my
>> superiors
>>
>>> are willing to give me more than 3 months of time off to be able to work
>>> for
>>> GSoC. Is that ok? Should I ask for more? I was looking over the timeline,
>>> and thought about getting a vacation between May 15th and August 30th.
>>> Would
>>> that be enough? Is it also alright if I stop working on the project for
>>> about a week in early June? Because I have a few exams then.
>>>

>> I don't think we've ever had a student request time off from a job before.
>> GSoC runs Mar 20 thru Aug 20, so that's about 3 months.
>>

> We have had such circumstances come up before. The usual arrangement is
> that students need to start early to make up for the lost time.

Well, in the timeline, it sais that the coding should begin on May 24th.
Until then, I am of course able to read documentation, check examples, use
the APIs myself, and get acquainted to everything I need to work on this
project. I already did a svn checkout of the boost repository and Stefan's
sanbox project, and I looked around the source code.

@Andrew: I only mentioned libxml2 because Stefan's boost::xml is using it
too, and I thought that this project involves developing it further. But I
think we need his opinion on this issue. :) BTW, will he mentor the project,
or somebody else?

Regards,
Ilie.