Subject: Re: [boost] gil::io "non-review" (was: [gil] Can not open test.jpg)
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-21 16:25:09
> I was hoping that there would be a proper review of this, but I understand
> and sympathise with why that hasn't happened. Nonetheless, if you consider
> it's now finished and ready for general release, can I encourage you to
> encourage others to post their "not review but review-like comments"?
Ups, I think I misunderstood. The new test.jpg is going to be in 1.43.
My submission is still waiting in the review loop. I have a review
manager but he is still evaluating what he is getting into. ;-)
Nonetheless, I remember you made some comments a few years back (
4/27/2008 ). I consider them mostly minor updates and have focussed my
effort more on high-level features. But they aren't forgotten. Here is
a list what you were suggesting for jpeg format:
- DCT type: You can specify the type when reading an image.
- Scaled Decoding: Todo - Never figured out how to do that. Couldn't
find anything on the net.
- Partial Image Decoding - Same as Scaled Decoding
- MMX/SSE - Not necessarily this extensions problem. A user can use
- Rotation: Same state as Scaled Decoding.
- In-memory jpeg: This is done. Please see unit tests.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk