Subject: Re: [boost] [Build] How to find a library (ICU)?
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-22 06:43:36

Artyom wrote:
>> Look at how Boost.Regex does it.
>> It also uses ICU.
>>

> As I already mentioned:
>
> Boost.Regex ICU library search has a bug -- it does not search
> correctly debug/release versions when using MSVC compiler.
>
> Also it too tighten to specific platforms/implementations.
>
> So I ask if there is any standard way to do this, as today
>
> lib z ;

I don't know if it's a standard way or not, but in the Sandbox,
you can find build_extensions. I use them to specify and build
dependencies like zlib, libpng, libtiff, etc.

1) Add the extensions to BOOST_BUILD_PATH += /path/to/exts
2) In Jamfile, add using zlib : X.Y.Z : /path/to/zlib/sources ;

Perhaps you'll find them useful.

Best regards,