Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Boost.Log formal review closing down
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-22 15:43:38

On 21.03.2010 23:20, vicente.botet wrote:

> I have already tried to install 4.4 without success. It is a shame
> that you don't want to support the official cygwin compiler version.
> I was completly confident that you will try it.

GCC 4.x is as official as 3.x. But it's 4.3, not 4.4 as I initially
suggested (I'm not an active user of cygwin).

I've incorporated a few changes to the trunk to fix a few errors with
4.3, but it doesn't compile yet. If the syslog and event log are
disabled, the only errors left are in Boost.Parameter and Boost.Range
(being used from Boost.DateTime).

>> Also, it looks like you're using RC4 version. I've fixed a few bugs
>> in trunk after it was released, so you might want to try with a
>> fresh checkout. These fixes do not include your changes though.
>
> I expect that you will include the modifications I sent in the
> previous mail. I'm using the revised version, yes.

Some of the suggested changes will be included, but not the ones about
commenting something in the Jamfile. I will provide more configuration
options to make it possible to disable certain sinks from the build.

> Do you plan to
> move to the Boost sandbox?

No. There is no reason to.