Subject: Re: [boost] Questions about Graph Project
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-22 16:42:52

> I am reading the Graph Project's source code. I find there are page rank
> algorithm, but there is no HITS algorithm and samba. I am curious that if
> this would be a good topic or everyone just endorse pagerank?
> best,

Hi Liang,

It's certainly not the case that everybody endorses PageRank. Nobody has
submitted an implementation of the HITS algorithm. Unfortunately, I don't
think that the HITS algorithm by itself will make a good SoC project. On the
other hand, there might a suite of related algorithms that, taken together
might make a good SoC proposal.

It also looks like BGL proposals might be very competitive. I'm guessing
that we will only be able to take one or maybe two.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]