Subject: Re: [boost] 5 Observations - My experience with the boost libraries
From: Jonathan Franklin (franklin.jonathan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-23 22:45:17

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Emil Dotchevski
<emildotchevski_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> In many cases, I'd rather design a C-style interface that takes
> pointers to incomplete types or even void pointers. Then *maybe* if it
> makes sense I would use meta-programming tricks in the implementation.

I'll take the speed and expressive power of a generic object/function
framework with references over a C-style interface any day. Unless I
need to interface w/ another language, in which case I'll write a
C-style wrapper... For some other poor schmuck to use. I am thankful
for each day that I don't have to look at a void * interface, and hope
they all die a swift, but exquisitely painful death. </troll_bait>

But let's see your proposed boost interface improvements. Otherwise,
this is all meaningless opinion hawking, best served up on IRC or some
general C++ news forum.

Jon