Subject: Re: [boost] 5 Observations - My experience with the boost libraries
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-24 01:20:00

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:11 PM, Tom Brinkman <reportbase2007_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> If what they see scares them, and then they find out that the library
> may in fact have only one one active maintainer, it can be a real
> source of concern.

My view has always been that you should never look at source code,
only at documentation. If that's not enough to use the library, post a
bug report.

> The solution, as expressed on this forum many times, is to somehow
> seperate out the core libraries from the non-core libraries.

We have the same high standards applied to all libraries that are
admitted in Boost. There are no second grade citizens here.

Also, what's a secondary library for me might be the only reason for
someone else to use Boost.

If there is anything that could help, that is to reduce coupling in
all Boost libraries. That, I think, is impossible at this point in
time.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.