Subject: [boost] [GSoC]I am interested in Boost.Graph
From: doraemonok (doraemonok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-23 08:17:40

My name is Rui Diao. I am a student of Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. My major is Computational Mathematics.
I have never contributed to any open software project, but only spread the open source spirit to the people around me and join some open source groups. The only contribution of my source file is developing a Client of IP Gateway of My University by Qt open source version. Contributing to Boost C++ Libraries is an interesting and challenging job, and also, of course, fantastic.
I am interested in one project of Boost.Graph : Graph Connectives. I like Graph Theory very much. I have experiences on coding (and teaching the friends in open software association of my university) some algorithms about Graph Theory: Dijkstra, Floyd, Bellman Ford, Ford Fulkerson, SAP, Kuhn-Munkres, etc. I have learned a lot in "How to finish an excellent project" during the internship of Microsoft Research Asia. Moreover, I am familiar with Mathematica which has similar function with Boost.Graph.
I am very familiar with STL, but seldom use Boost. I just have experiences on using Boost.Regex before. I have checked out the source code by Subversion and began to read the part of Boost.Graph recently. The Boost.Graph library is missing connectives which contains Graph Join, Graph Union, Graph Product, Graph Intersection, Graph Difference, Graph Sum, Graph Product, Line Graph, etc. I think the algorithms may be not too difficult to me, but how to code with "Boost Style" (of course not only the code style) is a problem. I will try my best to finish the challenging work.
I think may be there is some mentor can give me some advices or suggestions. Thank you all.

Rui Diao