Subject: Re: [boost] The problems with Boost development
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-24 12:54:27

Robert Ramey wrote:

> Steven Watanabe wrote:
>> AMDG
>>
>> Robert Ramey wrote:
>>> Now, I want to re-run ALL the tests so that I'm not playing
>>> whack-a-mole. For THIS I use library_test (.sh or bat) to update my giant
>>> test
>>> results table. I can't imagine doing this by running bjam for each
>>> combination of compiler, and build variant.
>>
>> I can imagine it. In fact, it's what I do. Boost.Build can execute
>> all the combinations in a single run.
>
> Ahhh yes, I forgot about that. But one then has to troll through
> all the bjam output which I suppose is OK. I still love my table.

Not really. You need to either (i) have IDE that shows the first error
messages automatically or (ii) run bjam with the "-q" option so that
it stops on the first error. When developing locally, it's typically
rare to have 'expected failures' so you might was well jump on the first
failure you get.

- Volodya