Subject: Re: [boost] Library Maintainence - was 5 Observations ....
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-25 21:10:14

At Thu, 25 Mar 2010 16:42:01 +0000 (UTC),
Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

> Jonathan Franklin <franklin.jonathan <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I believe the key here is the lack of responsiveness by the maintainer.
>
> We need to be careful, how we identify this lack of responsiveness.
> Maybe we should ask maintainer to acknowledge that he seen the ticket?
> The fact that ticket is not addressed is not an indicator that
> maintainer is not aware about it.

The system has an “accepted” state for tickets precisely so that a
maintainer can note that he has it in his queue. This is the way it's
/supposed/ to work (IMO):

* Unreviewed tickets are assigned to the default maintainer, but not
  accepted or commented on by him

* Reviewed tickets are either accepted or reassigned to someone else

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing