Subject: Re: [boost] 5 Observations - My experience with the boost libraries
From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase2007_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-26 04:07:39

Glad to hear your PHD is going well.

Since we last talked, i've gotten pretty good at poking through the
GIL source code. Still impresses me.

I've learned alot about advanced template usage just by looking at how
GIL does it. Its a very readable style -- that even I can figure out.

I've completely converted two entire codebases over to use GIL and I
still only use a subset of GIL's funtionality.

Yeah, I've got code lots of code that extends GIL. I've been waiting
to let anyone use it, because, I change it so often.

The best feature about GIl is all the typedefs of the various buffer
packings. Wow, does that make things easier. I also love "view"
concept. It works beatifully. Much bettern than just your standard
"ROI" range of interest, that every one seems to use.

When ever you want I could shoot you over what I got.

Best regards,
Tom Brinkman