Subject: Re: [boost] Should Boost adopt pimpl/d-pointer as much as it can?
From: Domagoj Saric (domagoj.saric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-26 09:57:39

"Emil Dotchevski" <emildotchevski_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Precompiling headers is usually a bad idea. For it to work well, you
> have to #include many things in a single header, which increases
> coupling.

How exactly does it increase coupling?
...I yet have to find a case where including all 3rd party ('stable') library
headers into one big precompiled header (that is force included into all
compilation units) does not significantly (like by a third) reduce compilation
times (with MSVC)...

--
"What Huxley teaches is that in the age of advanced technology, spiritual
devastation is more likely to come from an enemy with a smiling face than from