Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC 2010] Sweepline algorithm
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-27 08:37:13

DE wrote:
> Marcin Fatyga wrote :
> > Hello,
> > My name is Marcin Fatyga and I am doing double degree program in computer
> > science and mathematics on Warsaw University. I would like to participate in
> > GSoC 2010 - I would like to implement the sweepline algorithm and use it to
> > solve the problems related to it.
> [SNIP]
> > Though there is no geometry library in current release, I can see it is in
> > development phase. Should the project be integrated with it/use it?
>
> hi there
> are you familiar with "Numerical Recipies" book? in the third edition
> there is given a complete solution to the delanuay triangulation and
> voronoi diagram problems
> perhaps the problem your are trying to solve is already solved

Pavel,

do you really think your comment is useful for a student inquiring about the "Sweepline Algorithm" project idea from <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2010>? You could have discussed your objections with Lucanus Simonson when he proposed the idea: <http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2010/03/162870.php>.

Regards,
Thomas