Subject: Re: [boost] 5 Observations - My experience with the boost libraries
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-29 03:29:12

On 28 March 2010 21:20, Tom Brinkman <reportbase2007_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Sadly, that's what they do,
>
> or if not,
>
> they just ignore this issue and pretend it will just go away.
>
> As most of my recent projects have been mixed C/C++, I get to use
> boost less and less, or at all now.

While we can feel your pain, we cannot solve political issues inside
your company.

No exceptions means no STL, two phase construction for everything,
etc. If I had to go back to writing code like that, I wouldn't much
like C++ either.

Even if we magically changed all of Boost, would these guys commit to
using it? I suspect exceptions are but one in a whole litany of
emotional, not technical arguments.

Regards,

--
 Nevin Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404