Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Boost.Process
From: Dmitry Goncharov (dgoncharov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-29 11:03:36

Boris Schaeling wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:59:45 +0300, Moncef Mechri
> <moncef.mechri_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> [...]Moreover, Boris, I saw you've made a recent update to the
>> handling signals
>> proposal in asio. I'll check this out too.
>
> Unfortunately I didn't get an email two months ago when someone
> complained about the implementation. I hope the implementation is now
> correct.

That was me who commented two months ago.
Just wonder, Boris, what made you reimplement my original proposal?

You new version is no longer uses a mutex inside a signal handler.
It still improperly handles errno, doesn't care about blocking inside a
signal handler, doesn't care about setting FD_CLOEXEC, doesn't pass
siginfo to the user, doesn't let the user to associate a signal with a
file descriptor.
Besides, it uses a thread, a mutex, a condvar, a shared_ptr, a weak_ptr,
a deque and a map. None of this is required.

You can have a look at this implementation
http://dgoncharov.github.com/libunixsignal (online docs) and
http://github.com/dgoncharov/libunixsignal and compare.

Regards, Dmitry