Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Generic Linked List library
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-29 21:33:54

> Currently my list implementations make heavy use of the new features
>> available in C++0x such as rvalue references and move semantics, but, I will
>> be more than happy to create a backport of these for the current C++
>> standard so they can be included in Boost.
>>

> There are already in Boost.Intrusive single linked list and double linked
> lists, and both are wrapped into containers with full move, emplace and
> next-gen allocator support in Boost.Container (in the review queue).
>
> The containers do not have policies in order to keep the standard
> interface, but the intrusive versions do.
> It might be interesting to ask the author of those two libraries, Ion
> Gaztañaga, whether he thinks you can provide improvements to them.
> In any case I'm not sure there is enough material for a project there

Ah... I wasn't aware that Container was in the review queue (sorry Tom). I
think that this library might provide some good extensions for the Container
library. I think it would be nice to have O(1) spliceable lists, if the
programmer wants them.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to consider folding the heaps/queues idea
into a container's extension also. If done well, it could be of good value.

Hopefully Ion is listening and will be able to provide some feedback :)

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]