Subject: [boost] GSoC Generic Sweep Algorithm
From: Sweta Yamini (koolkitty113_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-30 17:46:46

Hi,

I am writing my proposal for GSoC and I'm interested in writing a generic
sweep algorithm.

I want to write a generic algorithm which takes in functions to determine
the priority of the elements to be considered in the sweep line, and a
function to perform necessary computations at each such point.
And supplement it with inbuilt functions for line sweep, angular sweep about
a point for 2 dimensions and plane sweep for 3 dimensions. Also, implement
some algorithms like Voronoi diagrams, Delaunay triangulations, visibility
problems using the generic sweep algorithm.

I have looked through the documentation and could not find anything related
to this. Is there something I have missed? Also, could I contact anyone to
discuss?

Sweta Yamini
Fourth Year Student
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur