Subject: Re: [boost] GSOC Bigint Proposal.
From: barend (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-03 16:29:40

Hi Swagat,
> I would like to receive comments on my proposal for Bigint this year.

> To design, implement, test and document an expression template system("a
> wrapper for swappable Bigint providers") for the Boost.bigint around NTL,
> GMP(Is there enough interest around Xint?) in view of the numeric_adaptor
> scheme developed by Barend Gehrels in providing as many possible operators
> as possible.

> My mid-term examinations are going on and It's being impossible for me to
> hang around the list and study about Xint. I hope you understand... :)()
The numeric_adaptor was developed by Bruno Lalande and me.

We did draft it and it worked, we tested Boost.Geometry parts with it.
However, we are now convinced that it is duplicate with the Boost.Math
bindings. So the numeric_adaptor as can be found in Boost Sandbox is more or
less redundant, obsolete and abandoned now. I would not create a GSoC
proposal on this base. Better would be to concentrate on Boost.Math
bindings.

Regards, Barend