Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC 20010: Boost.Thread towards the C++0x standardproposal
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-06 14:41:57

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Sutton" <andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 3:01 PM

>> Is someone interested in adapting the current Boost.Thread interface to the
>>> C++0x stardard proposal?
>>>

>> I think you should add all your ideas to
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2010
>>

> It's a little late, but it's a good idea. Somebody will submit a proposal :)

I have added the idea to https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2010

Adapt the current Boost.Thread interface to the C++0x standard proposal, for C++98 and C++0x compilers. The main issues are related to some naming changes, the use of the standard chrono library and move semantics. The libraries could use the Boost.Chrono and Boost.Move libraries under the review schedule for C++98 compilers.

I really think we need to have this adaptation as soon as posible. If a GSoC student is interested we should see with William how we can have this sonner than later.

Best,
Vicente