Subject: Re: [boost] [Review Results] Boost.Polygon library accepted into boost
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-07 18:16:21

On 7 April 2010 22:28, Simonson, Lucanus J <lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> It looks like the only issue not yet addressed is (6d).  I'd like to start migrating the library from sandbox to trunk and preparing for release.  I'm not sure how to proceed at this point.  Is there a contact within boost (Hartmut or Dave) that I can work with to get the library transitioned to the trunk and scheduled for release?  At this stage I feel confident that I can write a tutorial in time for whatever upcoming release of boost the library is scheduled to be bundled into.

I don't think this is set down anywhere, but this is roughly how it
goes. I'm sure someone will correct me if I get anything wrong.

Once your review manager has given you the go ahead you can add it to
trunk. It's a good idea to do this as soon as possible so you can add
it to the regression tests. When you feel you're ready for release you
should contact the release managers (which I think is best done on the
development list, so other people know what's going on, although
further release discussion is usually off list to reduce noise). We
have a checklist that your library needs to meet before it can be
merged to the release branch:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ReleasePractices/ManagerCheckList#NewLibraryChecklist

Some items are things that we take care of (such as adding to the
website). You can be included in a release if your library is ready by
the deadline for new libraries (usually 7 weeks before release, in the
past we've been lenient if we cause a library to miss the deadline but
I think that depends on the nature of the library).

Daniel