Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Heaps & Queues (draft proposal)
From: iaml (lintao30_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-08 14:18:52

Firstly, I want to apologize for my conceit for saying:

** Benefit for Boost
Heap is widely used in development such as heap sort, priority queue and
other graph algorithm. It also can be the container for advanced data
structures. But the heaps in boost/pending and libs/pri_queue is not
extendable or highly abstract. This leads to the limited usage of this
library. To redevelop a new library about heaps and priority queue more
abstract and more user-friendly not only can broaden the user group of
Boost, but also can fix the design deficiency in boost/pending and make it
more conforms to the philosophy of Boost.

in my proposal.

These days, I have been preparing for my proposal, especially on API design.
Now I know how hard it is to design the API. I can't imagine how much effort
has been spent on boost/pending when the developers of Boost decide to code
for it. I really appreciate their work and feel ashamed for saying that.
Sorry! ;-(.

Thank you for reading.
Your sincerely
Tao Lin