Subject: Re: [boost] Crypto Proposal
From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-12 15:14:01

On 12/04/2010 2:52 PM, Chad Seibert wrote:
> That's because you built Botan in whole; it has the ability to build only parts of itself. If we don't like the inheritance structure, I can certainly remove it when porting. For example, despite public keys being very similar in structure, they should NOT inherit from a common base simply because they are entirely different objects. Also, I certainly agree that the runtime lookup of algos is REALLY BAD and doesn't take advantage of the IH, as noted above. I agree it needs to be replaced. As for the RNG's they are easily swapped, so maybe a less expensive one should be created in the process?

You know, one other option is to have ASIO support Botan for SSL and
drop the whole Boostify part of it (for now.) That would remove a lot of
busy work and let you get to the stuff you enjoy which you said is the
actual cryptography. I did some cryptography in my senior year, fyi.

I have selfish reasons for ASIO+SSL, but just a thought :)

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com