Subject: Re: [boost] Crypto Proposal
From: Domagoj Saric (domagoj.saric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-14 11:21:54

"Sohail Somani" <sohail_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> On 12/04/2010 7:52 AM, Domagoj Saric wrote:
>> IMNHO that's a failed test by any standard (worse than OpenSSL and
>> Crypto++)...
>> (must I really pay for e.g. virtual inheritance, dynamic_casts,
>> by-std::string-runtime-algorithm-lookups etc. etc... for such a simple use
>> case?)...
>
> 1) If you write such simple applications, you are very lucky

I am not 'lucky' nor write 'such simple applications': one can, for example,
write fairly complex DSP applications that, as such, have nothing to do with
cryptography but can use a ready digest-verification implementation for example
for licence file verification...It is reasonable to expect that such a simple
use case does not suddenly double your binary size..with cryptographic code that
you never ever use.

--
"What Huxley teaches is that in the age of advanced technology, spiritual
devastation is more likely to come from an enemy with a smiling face than from