Subject: Re: [boost] Let's use stack exchange!
From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-15 17:11:57

On 15 April 2010 15:26, Felipe Tanus <fotanus_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've always envied a bit how stackoverflow site was operating. I like the
>> interface much better than mailing lists. Search, filtering, thread tracking...
>
> Hi,
>        I would prefer it to keep a mailing list. It's a great way to
> centralize all information and discussions you need in only one place,
> considering that most of us do not subscribe only one.

I also like mailing lists. With them I can:
1) Keep track of what I've dealt with and what still needs attention
2) Mark threads as uninteresting and not see them again
3) Consolidate the communication of multiple projects on one screen if desired

I don't know of any other system that allows those capabilities.

~ Scott

(In email, #1 is read/unread and the "mark unread" button, #2 is the
"mute" button in gmail or the equivalent in Exchange 2010, #3 is the
inbox and history in conjunction with labels or search.)