Subject: Re: [boost] Let's use stack exchange!
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-15 21:17:28

Marius <letto2 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Thursday 15 April 2010 21:20:38 Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> > I've always envied a bit how stackoverflow site was operating. I like the
> > interface much better than mailing lists. Search, filtering, thread
> > tracking...
>
> Have you ever tougth of using a mail client ? Mine does all that very nicely
> and lets me keep lots of mailing lists in separate folders.

These days I find the only practical interfaces are web based. Otherwise I
always end up on a computer which do not have my favorite mail client (even that
has rather limited filtering/thread management ability.

For example, I can't filter only boost.test related threads. Or only related new
currently reviewed library. or some combination.

And the mailing list like interface is available through rss feed.

Well, this was just an idea.

Gennadiy