Subject: Re: [boost] [GGL] [geometry] Inexplicable speed benefit when using Visual C++ 2010
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-16 21:25:40

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 3:35 PM, eg <egoots_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 4/16/2010 12:42 PM, Richard Webb wrote:
>>
>> Theres a mention of it at:
>>
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2009/10/22/visual-studio-2010-beta-2-is-now-available-for-download.aspx#9915033
>>

>> I thought it was mentioned in more detail on another post there, but i
>> can't
>> find the post at the moment.
>

> Ok... sleuthing further in MSDN, I see
>
> 1) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa985896%28VS.100%29.aspx
>
> Which supports your hyphothesis
>
> and
>
> 2) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa985965%28VS.100%29.aspx
>
> Which (ambiguously) refutes it...

Actually it does not really, the checked iterators enabling are
handled by a different define, which is globally disabled by the
_SECURE_SCL anyway, but I still manually disabled it in all my builds.
 I pass through about 6 definitions to disable various things that
Visual Studio rather horribly breaks otherwise.