Subject: Re: [boost] [Bind] How do I get bind to deduce the return type of for_each?
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-20 11:57:12

> Could you do this with directory iteration too? Say to call a function for
> every file in every directory in
> the current directory. Ie., a two level tree walk, rather than a fully
> recursive one, but all in one statement?
>
> - Rob.
>
> For this problem wouldn't you just use the
boost::filesystem::recursive_directory_iterator ? It seems cleaner.

However the whole notion of projections from higher dimensional spaces into
sequences and ranges is something I have been looking into for some time.
Once this release of Boost.Range is done, I intend to open up a broader
discussion on this topic.

Regards,
Neil Groves