Subject: Re: [boost] [circular_buffer] Patch to fix two-phase name lookup issue in space_optimized
From: joaquin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-04-21 02:36:15

Doug Gregor escribió:
> Hello Boosters,
>
> In the space_optimized circular buffer, the two calls to
> invalidate_iterators_except require a preceding "this->". The actual
> invalid_iterators_except() function is only accessible through a
> dependent base, so we need to make the invalid_iterators_except name
> dependent. The DEC compiler tried to tell us this at one point, but we
> ignored it.
>
> Patch is attached.
>
> - Doug

# if BOOST_WORKAROUND(__DECCXX_VER, BOOST_TESTED_AT(70190006))
         this->invalidate_iterators_except(end());
# else
        invalidate_iterators_except(end());
# endif

Why propose that the this-> branch be a workaround? If I'm getting you,
prepending this-> is standard-required and can't possibly do any harm for
other compilers.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo