Subject: Re: [boost] [1.43][beta] Fix for MPL under gcc 4.5
From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-21 23:43:21

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 06:30:21 -0500, Daniel James <dnljms_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 21 April 2010 08:46, Joel Falcou <joel.falcou_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> I thought we have another opportunity to merge bug fix and cycle test
>> once ?
>> Isn't 1.43 scheduled for May, 3rd ?
>>
>> This is a real show-stopper which fix won't broke anything
>
> The beta cycle is more about fixing regressions caused by changes to
> boost, rather than existing problems or problems caused by external
> changes. But the real problem here is that no one has accepted the
> ticket. If the library was actively maintained, then IMO this would be
> fine (after testing, naturally).

I've seen the ticket, but the scope/urgency of the issue (show stopper for
Fusion and Xpressive) wasn't apparent to me from the ticket's description.

My experience as a release manager (admittedly from a long time ago) was
that release-critical issues will slip past even the most active library
maintainers, and letting them know about it (and occasionally nagging)
goes a long way towards "all green" release.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering