Subject: Re: [boost] [1.43][beta] Fix for MPL under gcc 4.5
From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-22 23:29:55

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 03:10:30 -0500, Daniel James <dnljms_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 22 April 2010 04:43, Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> My experience as a release manager (admittedly from a long time ago) was
>> that release-critical issues will slip past even the most active library
>> maintainers, and letting them know about it (and occasionally nagging)
>> goes a long way towards "all green" release.
>
> The release process is quite different now. It seems to me that the
> focus is to get a regular release with the more modest goal of being
> an incremental improvement, rather than an 'all green' release.

Like Robert, I don't see a conflict here. The "all green" part is exactly
about incremental improvement: it says "this release is not worse than the
previous one, except for these known issues". It was simply a concise,
objective, easy-to-track and easy-to-explain criterion to keep us on
track towards that goal.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering