Subject: Re: [boost] [1.43][Serialization] Serialization library seriosly broken
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-24 12:46:29

On 4/24/2010 10:23 AM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
>> As I alluded to in my mail yesterday, the serialization library seems
>> to be utterly broken in the current trunk, and unfortunately in the
>> current release branch as well.
<snip>

> I'll take a look at this. According to the SVN log for void_cast.cpp
> this file hasn't been changed since November 29 so it's not just
> a tweak in an assert or some other trivial fix.
>
> Robert Ramey
>
> I very cursory examination indicates that it's not a trivial
> issue

Thanks for looking into this, Robert.

As the release is looming, we naturally will have to consider the
possibility of rolling back serialization to the 1.42 version. Can you
tell us what the repercussions of doing that would be? Are there new
features that other libraries are depending on?

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing