Subject: Re: [boost] [range][1.43] Range Algorithms clasification
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-27 18:35:57

I don't find the clasification enough clear in particular we can find a New
algorithms section with the following algorithms

> * erase
> * for_each
> * insert
> * iota
> * overwrite
> * push_back
> * push_front
> * remove_erase
> * remove_erase_if
>
> Shouldn't these algorithms be included on the other cathegories?

I didn't think so but I'm open to different ideas. The non-new categories
are broken into typical sections seen in other Standard Library algorithm
documentation. The functions in these sections are range representations of
algorithms found in the standard libraries <algorithm> header.

The new algorithms do not have equivalents in the standard library.

Perhaps this explanation needs to be added to the docs, or there is a better
way to classify the functions?

> Best,
> Vicente Juan Botet Escribá
> http://viboes.blogspot.com/