Subject: Re: [boost] [range] irange is not very eloquent
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-28 17:29:39

vicente.botet wrote:

> Maybe you can tell what is the type of ???
>
> integer_range< ??? > lower_case = irange<char>('a','z'+1);

Is it not iterator_range, rather than integer_range?

I don't really get why all of Neil Groves' iterators are in a
range_detail namespace either, since they don't particularly feel like
implementation details, and obviously it prevents declaring variables of
that type without auto.

A range is just an iterator_range<some_iterator> (at least with the
current Boost.Range design), so the iterator is quite central to the
functionality and should be part of the public interface, IMHO.